20 % filled up for 2019/2020 season - reserve early
THE AURORA BOREALIS OBSERVATORY IS LOCATED ON THE ISLAND
SENJA IN NORTHERN NORWAY
Senja is Norway's second largest island, far above the Arctic Circle close to Tromsø City. Here you are greeted an awe-inspiring mix of sea, mountains, beaches, fishing villages and inland areas, all within a few hours drive.
The coast of the island is precipitous with sculptural rocks and colourful fishing villages in sheltered coves.
The inland is filled with mountains, lakes and forests, and the mainland-facing coast sports unexpectedly green fields.
The scenery in Senja and Central Troms is full of contrasts, with the midnight sun and the northern lights, depending on the season.
The distance from the coast to big mountain peaks is short and is an ideal combination for those who participate in winter activities.
Aurora Borealis Observatory
- Aurora Borealis season from August 25 - April 15
- All months can be equally good
- Enjoy them lights in our glass domes / lounges
- 100% success rate on all 5 day+ bookings
- Book as many days as desired
- You are on location, no need to go chasing
With our Award-Winning photographer Adrien Mauduit from Night Lights Films
(Per Night )
- MAX 3 ADULTS / 2 ADULTS + 2 CHILDREN per apartment
- check in after 15.00 (when we are fully booked) - You can of course come stay in the glass domes / waiting areas if you arrive early
- Simple breakfast (no warm dishes)
- Also a fully equipped kitchen in apartments
- Pull out bed in living room in addition to the bedroom
- Free access to jacuzzi area / tipi / lounge etc
- Internet - Super high speed WiFi
- Borrow warm coverall in case you travel light
- You will be notified when the aurora appears - never miss action
- Shuttle service at fixed times to get to the city centre for shopping etc
- Activities such as skiing, snowshoeing, sledding (toboggan) and reindeer feeding
- Pickup at bus terminal (Best Silsand) if you arrive to (BDU) or at the boat terminal if you come from Tromsø
- Transportation back to bus / boat terminal on departure day also included
Areas you have free access to while here
- While waiting for the lady to dance you will stay comfy
- 360 view to all aurora directions
- Never miss out on any action
If you want to join us for upcoming aurora season we are already 20% fully booked. Some dates are already…
Aurora Borealis Observatory Did you know about the aurora borealis observatory in Senja Island, Norway ? If not and you…